- Class: A Class - 9 destoyers of 1927
- Displacement: 1,540 tons standard; 2,012 tons full load
- Dimensions: 343' (oa) x 33'9" x 12'4"
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 39,000 = 35 knots
- Armament: 5-4.7in QF Mk IX (5x1), 2-2pdr; 8-21in (2x4) TT
- Complement: 185
- Builder: Swan Hunter
- Laid Down: 20 Jun 1928
- Launched: 7 Aug 1929
- Completed: May 1930
- Notes: Flotilla leader of A Class with extra 4.7in admidships and added command spaces.
- Service: On completion, assumed duties of Captain (D), 3rd Destroyer Flotilla in the Mediterranean. At start of WWII she was in home waters and took part in operations off Norway in Apr 1940. From 10 May she was in the English Channel. She evacuated the Crown Princess of the Netherlands from Ijmuiden and then, as leader of the 1st Destroyer Flotilla, conducted offshore patrols during the Dunkirk evacuation, including taking troops from the beaches of Dunkirk, and later Le Havre. On 27 Jul 1940 she was sunk by German bombers while lying in Dover harbor.