- Class: Ca - 8 destroyers of 1942
- Displacement: 1,710 tons standard / 2,530 tons full load
- Dimensions: 348' (wl) 362'9" (oa) x 35'8" x 10'
- Machinery: 2-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 40,000 = 36 knots
- Armament: 4-4.5in QF Mk IV (4x1), 2-40mm Mk IV (1x2), 6-20mm (2x2+2x1); 8-21in (2x4) TT
- Complement: 222
- Builder: John Brown, Clydebank
- Laid Down: 19 May 1943
- Launched: 12 Apr 1944
- Completed: 13 Dec 1944
- Notes: The Cavendish was a leader for the Ca class, the 11th Emergency Flotilla, which became the 7th Destroyer Flotilla, serving with the Home Fleet in Arctic and Norwegian waters. Sent to the Pacific in mid-1945, she arrived after hostilities ended. Placed in reserve postwar, she was recommissioned in 1957 and served for ten years until placed on the disposal list in 1967.