1944(Spider Navy SN-2-11)
- Class: Luzon - 5 repair ships of 1944
- Displacement: 5,801 tons light, 10,920 tons full load
- Dimensions: 441'6" x 56'11" x 22'
- Machinery: 1 General Machine Corp VTE reciprocating steam engine, single screw, 2,500shp = 12.5 knots
- Armament: 1-5"/38, 3-3"/50, 4-40mm AA (2x2), 12-20mm AA guns
- Complement: 489
- Builder: Bethlehem-Fairfield Shipyard Inc, Baltimore, MD
- Keel Laid: 19 May 1944
- Launched: 20 Jun 1944
- Commissioned: 20 Jan 1945
- Returned: 15 Aug 1946
- Notes: Laid down as Assistance (BAR-17) a Maritime Commission type (EC2-S-C1) hull under Maritime Commission contract. Delivered incomplete to the US Navy 28 Aug 1944; fitted out as a repair ship and turned over to Great Britain under terms of the Lend-lease Act. BAR-17 never saw active service with the US Navy. Returned to US Navy and laid up in the National Defense Reserve Fleet, James River Group; sold for scrapping 1974.