- Class: Armed Merchant Cruiser
- Displacement: 11,136 tons
- Dimensions: 506 x 66.5 x 27.5 ft.
- Machinery: Diesels, twin screw B.H.P. 8,000 = 16 knots
- Armament: 8-6 in. (8x1), 2-12 pdr. A.A. (2x1), 2-2 pdr. A.A. (2x1) guns
- Builder: Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Glasgow, Scotland, 1938
- Commissioned: 15 Oct 1939
- Service: A passenger/general cargo vessel built for Anchor Line Ltd. Requisitioned for war service 31 Aug 1939. Released 16 Feb 1944 for conversion to troopship for MoWT with service starting 16 Dec 1944. Returned to commercial service 1946. Sistership Circassia also served as AMC, troopship, and LSI(L) during war.