- Class: Armed Merchant Cruiser
- Displacement: 22,181 tons
- Dimensions: 656 x 78 ft.
- Machinery: Burmeister & Wain diesels, twin screw = 16 knots
- Armament: 8-6 in. (8x1), 2-12 pdr. A.A. (2x1), 2-2 pdr. A.A. (2x1) guns
- Builder: Harland & Wolff, Limited, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Launched: 1927
- Commissioned: 20 Dec 1939
- Service: Built for Royal Mail Lines, British flag. Southampton-east coast of South America service. Rebuilt and reengined, 1934; given taller funnels. Became an armed merchant cruiser, 1939, and refitted with single funnel. Encountered the German merchant raider Thor on 28 Jul 1940 and during a 35-minute engagement both ships were damaged, but Thor managed to escape. Became a troopship in 1943. Resumed South American service, 1948-58. Scrapped in Japan, 1958.