- Class: Landing Ship Headquarters (Large) -- mercantile conversion
- Displacement: 7,403 tons
- Dimensions: 442 (oa) x 56 x 25 ft.
- Machinery: 1-shaft vettical triple expansion + geared exhaust turbine, I.H.P. 5,200 = 14 knots
- Armament: 1-6in, 1-12pdr, 2-2pdr, 11-20mm A.A. guns
- Landing Craft: 6 LCP(L)
- Complement: 313 + 378 troops
- Builder: Cammell Laird & Co., Ltd., Birkenhead, 1931
- Notes: Built for Booth Steamship Co., Ltd. Requisitioned in Oct 1940 for use as an Ocean Boarding Vessel armed with 2-6in. guns. Commissioned Jan 1941 and decommissioned Apr 1942. Intercepted Italian merchant ships Recco (scuttled) and Gianni M (captured) in May 1941. Returned temporarily but then taken up for conversion to LSH(L) from Mar 1943. HQ ship for Adm Vian at Bark West beaches (1st Can Div) during Operation Husky (invasion of Sicily) Jul 1943. HQ ship for Com Oliver's Northern Attack Force during Operation Avalanche (invasion of Salerno) Sep 1943. HQ ship for Com Oliver at Juno Beach (3rd Can Div) during Operation Neptune (invasion of Normandy) Jun 1944. Returned to owners in 1946.