D.K.M. U 459
- Class: Type XIV - 10 replenishment submarines of 1940
- Displacement: 1,688/1,932 tons
- Dimensions: 220' x 30'6" x 21'
- Machinery: 2-shaft diesel/electric motors, B.H.P. 2,800/750 = 14.5/6.25 knots
- Radius: 9,300 n.m. at 12 knots / 53 n.m. at 4 knots
- Armament: 2-37 mm, 1-20 mm A.A. guns; no T.T.
- Supplies: 432 tons fuel oil; 4 torpedoes
- Complement: 60
- Builder: Deutsche Werke, Kiel
- Laid Down: 22 Nov 1940
- Launched: 13 Sep 1941
- Commissioned: 15 Nov 1941
- Notes: First of a class of ten submarines designed as resupply boats to replenish other submarines with fuel, food, and spare torpedoes. Familiarly known as "Milch Cows."
- Service: Initially served in the 4th U-boat Flotilla for training, and then in the 10th (Apr 1942) and 12th (Nov 1942) flotillas. Based at St. Nazaire, she made two patrols in the North Atlantic, then two more to the south Atlantic, finishing at Bordeaux. On her fifth patrol on 30 May 1943 she was attacked by a British Whitley and shot it down, before being depth-charged by a Liberator, but she was undamaged. However, on her next and last patrol, she was attacked by two Wellingtons near Cape Ortegal, Spain, on 24 Jul 1943 and despite shooting one down, was so badly damaged, with 19 dead, she had to be scuttled, while the 41 surviving crew members were taken prisoner when picked up 8 hours later by ORP Orkan.