- Class: Schiff 41
- Displacement: 8,736 tons
- Dimensions: 515 x 66 x 30 ft.
- Machinery: 1-shaft diesel, B.H.P. 16,000 = 18 knots
- Armament: 6-5.9 in., 4-37 mm. A.A. guns; 4-21 in. T.T.(2x2); 2 aircraft; 320 mines
- Complement: 400
- Builder: Germania Werft, Kiel
- Launched: 1938
- Notes: Built originally as Steiermark for Hamburg Amerika Line.
Sailed from Gdynia 12 Mar 1940 via Stavanger. In voyage of 352 days sank or captured 11 ships of 68,264 tons. On 19 Nov 1941 encountered and fought with Australian cruiser HMAS Sydney.
Kormoran's mine cargo caught fire and she blew up. Sydney was last seen
in flames on the horizon, and was never heard of again.