- Class: Suffern - 4 heavy cruisers of 1925-28
- Displacement: 10,000 tons
- Dimensions: 636.5 (oa) x 63 x 20.75 ft.
- Machinery: 3-shaft geared turbines, S.H.P. 90,000 = 31 knots
- Armor: 60 mm belt, 25 mm deck, 30 mm turrets, conning tower
- Armament: 8-8 in. (4x2), 8-90mm A.A. (4x2), 8-37mm A.A. (4x2) guns; 6-21.7 in. T.T. (2x3); 3 aircraft
- Complement: 752
- Builder: Brest Dock Yard
- Laid down: 14 Nov 1929
- Launched: 9 Oct 1930
- Completed: 20 Jul 1932
- Notes: Last of four near sisters, including Suffern, Colbert and Foch, ordered in successive years. Armor protection increased with each new ship, and various other changes were made, e.g., Dupleix adopted twin mountings for her secondary armament. She was scuttled at Toulon on 27 November 1942 along with Colbert and Foch.