1866(SpiderNavy SN 0-09)
- Class: Hector - 2 broadside ironclads of 1861
- Displacement: 4,089 bm, 6,710 tons
- Dimensions: 280'2" x 56'3" x 25'
- Machinery: 1-shaft, steam horizontal compound, 6 boilers, 3260ihp = 12.65 knots
- Sails: Barque-rigged, 24,500 sq ft
- Armour: Belt 4.5in, battery 4.5in, bulkheads 2.5in
- Armament: 4-7in BLR, 20-68pdr SB
- Complement: 530
- Builder: Napier, Glasgow, Scotland
- Laid Down: Mar 1861
- Launched: 26 Sep 1862
- Commissioned: 22 Feb 1864
- Notes: Hector and sister Valiant were armored frigates and essentially smaller versions of Warrior. Overweight when completed, Hector was rearmed 1867/8 with 2-8in and 16-7in muzzle-loading rifles, and Valiant was completed to that standard. Sea-going service ended in 1885/6. Hector became part of the Vernon torpedo school in 1900 and was the first ship fitted with a wireless transmitter. Sold for breakup 1905. Valiant was employed on harbor service, eventually converted to a floating oil tank in 1924, and not broken up until 1957.