- Class: Dresden - 2 light cruisers of 1909
- Displacement: 3,650 tons
- Dimensions: 388 x 43.3 ft.
- Machinery: Triple expansion (3-cyl.), 2 screws. S.H.P. 14,000 = 24.5 knots
- Armor: Deck 2 in.
- Armament: 10-4.1 in. (10x1); 2-17.7 in. T.T.
- Complement: 360
- Builder: Danzig Dockyard
- Laid Down: Jun 1906
- Launched: May 1908
- Completed: 1908
- Actions: Departed Tsingtao 31 July 1914 under command Fregattenkapitan Karl von Muller. Rendezvoused with von Spee's squadron at Pagan 12 August. Sent to Indian Ocean with supply ship Markomannia. Raided shipping in Bay of Bengal, bombarded Madras and at Penang, surprised and sank Russian light cruiser Zhemtchug and small French destroyer Mousquet. Attacked cable and wireless station on Direction Island in Cocos Islands on 9 November 1914, but caught there and sunk by H.M.A.S. Sydney detached from passing Australian troop convoy. During course of cruise sank 16 British steamers of 70,825 tons and captured Rjasan which she converted into auxiliary cruiser Comoran.