- Class: Chateaurenault - 1 protected cruiser of 1895
- Displacement: 8,200 tons
- Dimensions: 460 (pp) x 59 x 24.5 ft.
- Machinery: 4-cylinder triple-expansion, 3 screws, IHP 24,000 = 23 knots
- Armor: Deck 2.5-4 in., casemates 1.5-2.5 in., gun shields 2 in.
- Armament: 2-6.4 in. (2x1), 6-5.5 in. (6x1), 12-47 mm. (12x1); 2-18 in. T.T.
- Complement: 587
- Builder: F. et Ch. de la Mediterranee, La Seyne
- Laid Down: May 1896
- Launched: 12 May 1898
- Completed: 1902
- Notes: Intended for commerce warfare when built. 1914, 2nd Light Squadron patrolling western Channel. 1915, Armee Navale. 1916 hunting for German raider Moewe in South Atlantic, then to Mediterranean. Rescued survivors of AMC Gallia south of Sardinia Oct 1916. Sailing as fast transport carrying troops between Taranto and Itea in support of the Allied Army at Salonika. Hit by 2 torpedoes from German coastal minelaying submarine UC38 and sunk 14 Dec 1917 off Cephalonia. Escorting destroyers Mameluk and Lansquenet sank the submarine and rescued 1,162 crew and troops.