- Class: 3rd rate (3m) 74 gun
- Displacement: 1,630 tons
- Dimensions: 182 x 49 x 21 ft.
- Armament: 30 x 36pdr, 30 x 18pdr, 20 x 8pdr, 4 x 36pdr carronades
- Complement: 600
- Designer: Jacques Noel Sane
- Built: Brest, 1791
- Service: Launched as Suffren, 31 May 1791. Name changed to Redoutable 20 May 1794. Expedition to Guadeloupe, 1802. Expedition to Santa Domingo, 1803. At the Battle of Trafalgar, 21 October 1805. She was closely engaged by HMS Victory, eventually striking to her and then sinking the next day. It was from her fighting tops that a French marksman mortally wounded Adm Horatio Nelson.