1951 (Carlo Marquardt CMKR-70)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 30,293 tons
- Dimensions: 683 x 89 x 30 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screws = 23 knots
- Passengers: 1000 (295 first class, 375 cabin class, 330 tourist class)
- Builder: Bethlehem Steel Company, Quincy, Massachusetts, 1951
- Service: Built for American Export Lines New York-Mediterranean
service. Laid up 1969-74. Sold to C. Y. Tung Group (Liberian flag), 1974;
renamed Oceanic Independence. Laid up, 1976-79. Renamed
Sea Luck I in 1977, to become casino ship; plan never realized.
Transferred to American Hawaii Cruises (U.S. flag), 1980, for Hawaiian cruise
service; renamed Independence, 1982.