TS Golden Bear
2008(California Models CA-9B)
- Type: Training Ship
- Displacement: 8,810 tons light, 15,821 tons full load
- Dimensions: 449'10" x 72' x 30'6"
- Machinery: 2 diesels, 25,000bhp, 1 shaft = 21 knots
- Builder: Bethlehem, Sparrows Point, Baltimore, Maryland, 1989
- Laid down: 29 Jul 1986
- Launched: 4 Sep 1987
- Commissioned: 31 Mar 1989
- Decommissioned: 16 Sep 1994
- Service: Built as Ocean Surveying Ship USNS Maury (T-AGS 39). Designed primarily to conduct hydrographic, magnetic, and gravity surveys. Authorized in FY85, in service in 1989, she and her sister USNS Tanner (T-AGS 40) were taken out of service after only five years. Maury was transferred to the California Maritime Academy (CMA), a campus of the California State University, 4 May 1996 and renamed TS Golden Bear. She is the third CMA training ship to bear this name. Homeport Vallejo, California. Tanner was transferred to the Maine Maritime Academy and renamed TS State of Maine.