Hughes Glomar Explorer
- Type: Drillship / CIA Project
- Displacement: 51,310 tons
- Dimensions: 619 x 116 x 38 ft.
- Machinery: Diesel-electric: 5 Nordberg 16-cylinder diesel engines driving 4,160 V AC generators turning 5 x 2,200 hp (1.6 MW) DC shaft motors, twin shafts = 10 knots
- Complement: 160
- Builder: Sun Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., Chester, Pennsylvania, 1973
- Service: Built for more than $350 million at the direction of Howard Hughes for use by his company, Global Marine Development Inc.