- Type: NASA SRB recovery ship
- Displacement: 484 tons
- Dimensions: 176 x 37 x 12 ft.
- Machinery: 2 x 1,450hp GM EMD 12-645E6A diesel engines, driving 2 propellers + 2 x 450hp Detroit Diesel 8V71 engines, driving bow and stern thrusters = 15 knots
- Crew: 20
- Builder: Atlantic Marine Shipyard, Fort George Island, Florida, 1981
- Service: Built for NASA to recover space shuttle solid rocket boosters (SRB). Also performed tugboat duties and ached as a research platform. Transferred to U.S. Department of Transportation in 2012 as part of the James River Reserve Fleet. Sister ship Liberty Star is now the Merchant Marine Academy's Kings Pointer.