Edgar B. Speer
- Type: Self-unloading bulk carrier
- Displacement: 73,700 gross tons
- Dimensions: 1004 x 105 x 32 ft.
- Machinery: 2 Pielstick diesels, twin screw, 19,260 bhp = 14.75 knots
- Builder: American Shipbuilding Co, Toledo, OH (foward section) and Lorain, OH (aft section), 1980.
- Service: Built for U.S.Steel Co. to transport taconite pellets from Duluth, MN to either Gary, IN or Conneaut, OH. (Special unloading system limits her to these terminals.) One of the largest and most powerful ships on the Great Lakes. Sistership Edwin H. Gott was converted to a more standard unloading system which gives her more flexibility as to destination.