1955(Solent Model Ships SOM-004)
- Type: C2-S-E1 general cargo
- Displacement: 6,165 tons
- Dimensions: 469 x 63 x 31 ft.
- Machinery: Two steam turbines, single screw 6,000 shp = 16 knots
- Passengers: 12
- Crew: 43
- Builder: Gulf Shipbuilding Corp, Chickasaw, Alabama, 1944
- Service: US Maritime Commission #1603; yard hull #25, delivered May 1944. De Soto was one of 31 type C2-S-E1 vessels built by Gulf Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of Waterman Lines, for the Maritime Commission. Some 40 similar ships were owned and operated postwar by Waterman. There were slight variations in appearance. Some ships had a pair of kingposts immediately in front of the superstructure, some had a more enclosed bridge. Served the routes between US Gulf Ports and Northern Europe. Scrapped in Taiwan, 1973.