1965(Hugh O'Connor -- Patriot Models)
- Type: Great Lakes self-unloading freighter
- Displacement: 8,575 gross tons; 6,229 net tons
- Dimensions: 588 x 60 x 30.5 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbine and electric motors = knots
- Crew: 35
- Builder: Great Lakes Engineering Works, River Rouge, Michigan, 1927
- Notes: Built as A. F. Harvey for the Pittsburgh Steamship Co. of Cleveland, Ohio. Purchased by U.S. Steel Corp. in 1952. Converted to self-unloader by Defoe Shipbuilding Co., Bay City, Michigan in winter 1956-57. Reboilered and received new stack at Rogers City, Michigan, 1961.
Sunk by collision with Norwegian ocean-going freighter Topdalsfjord on 7 May 1965 in fog three miles east of Straits Bridge in the Straits of Mackinac; 10 lives lost.