- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 20,906 tons
- Dimensions: 609 x 76 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screw = 20 knots
- Passengers: 1078 (156 first class, 226 cabin class, 696 third class)
- Builder: Cockerill-Ougree Shipyards A/S, Hoboken, Belgium, 1953
- Service: Built for Companhia Colonial. Lisbon-east coast of South America service, later Lisbon-Caribbean-Florida service. She was the only Portuguese liner with regular connections to American ports. The ship was hijacked on 22 Jan 1961 by a group of Spanish and Portuguese radicals opposed to the Franco and Salazar dictatorships, the first political hijacking of an ocean liner. The ship was released on 2 Feb in the port of Recife, Brazil. Scrapped on Taiwan, 1973.