- Type: Passenger / cargo
- Displacement: 9,855 tons
- Dimensions: 501 x 65 x 28 ft.
- Machinery: Steam DR geared turbines, single screw = 17.5 knots
- Passengers: 323 (24 first class, 299 tourist class)
- Cargo: 4,000 tons
- Builder: Deutsche Werft AG, Hamburg, Germany, 1955
- Service: Built for Zim Israel Navigation Co Ltd, Haifa, Israel. First of four ships built as part of the Reparations Payment Agreement between West Germany and Israel, the others being the passenger-cargo liner sistership Zion, and the passenger liners Theodor Herzl and Jerusalem (II). Used primarily for trans-Atlantic service, sailing from Haifa, Piraeus, Naples, Gibraltar, Funchal to New York. The primary purpose was to bring Jews back to their ancient homeland.