- Type: Refrigerated cargo liner
- Displacement: 11,300 GRT
- Dimensions: 552'3" x 73'3" x 29'4"
- Machinery: 9-cyl. 2 SCSA MAN diesel, single screw 20,700 BHP = 21 knots
- Builder: Bremer Vulkan Schiffbau & Machinenfabrik, Vegesack, Germany, 1967
- Service: Southland Star was one of three sisters built for Blue Star Line's Australia and New Zealand Service, along with New Zealand Star and Wellington Star. Fitted with Stulcken heavy derricks Converted to container ship by her builders in 1977. Sold for breakup 1993.