Queen Elizabeth 2
1988 (Mercator M-921)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 65,863 tons
- Dimensions: 963 x 105 x 32 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screws = 28.5 knots
- Passengers: 2005 (564 first class, 1441 tourist class)
- Builder: Upper Clyde Shipbuilders, Limited, Clydebank, Scotland, 1965-68
- Service: Cunard Line flagship and last superliner built for the
traditional Southampton-New York service. Commissioned May 1969.
Spending half the year on the North Atlantic and half in cruising. Served
as a troopship during the Falkland War, 1982. Converted to diesel drive,
1986-87. Refitted, 1994.