Queen Elizabeth 2
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 66,852 tons
- Dimensions: 963 x 105 x 32 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screws, 110,000 shp = 28.5 knots
- Passengers: 2,543 (564 first class, 1,979 tourist class)
- Crew: 906
- Builder: John Brown & Co, Ltd, Clydebank, Scotland, 1969
- Service: Cunard Line flagship and last superliner built for the
traditional Southampton-New York service. Commissioned May 1969.
Spending half the year on the North Atlantic and half in cruising. Served
as a troopship during the Falkland War, 1982. Converted to diesel drive,
1986-87. Refitted, 1994.