1946(Carlo Marquardt CM-153)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 83,673 tons
- Dimensions: 1,030 x 118 x 39 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, quadruple screws, 160,000 shp = 29 knots
- Passengers: 2,283 (823 1st class, 662 cabin class, 798 tourist class)
- Crew: 1,296
- Builder: John Brown & Co, Ltd, Clydebank, Scotland, 1936-40
- Service: Largest liner ever built up to 1994. Laid down Dec 1936; launched 27 Sep 1938 by HM Queen Elizabeth. Completed after WW2 began, she sailed 2 Mar 1940 in secret from the Clyde to New York for lay up. Commissioned as troopship and served until 1946. She carried over 800,000 troops during her wartime career, stemming nearly 500,000 miles. Refitted at her builders, she began her first true commercial voyage 16 Oct 1946 from Southampton to New York. Fitted with stabilizers 1955. Retired by Cunard, 1968, and sold to become a floating museum-hotel-convention center at Port Everglades, Florida; project never realized. Sold, 1970, to C.Y.Tung, Taiwanese shipping tycoon, who renamed her Seawise University and planned to convert her into a floating university-cruise ship. Never sailed as such; burned and sank in Hong Kong harbor, 9 Jan 1972. Capsized and was scrapped on the spot.