- Type: Passenger / general cargo
- Displacement: 28,705 tons
- Dimensions: 747 x 84 x 44 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screw, 35,000 SHP = 22 knots
- Passengers: 754 (214 first class, 540 tourist class)
- Crew: 400
- Builder: Harland & Wolff, Limited, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 1948
- Service: Built for Union-Castle Line (British flag). Southampton-South Africa service. Transferred to South African Marine Corporation (Safmarine Lines), 1966; renamed S. A. Oranje. Transferred to South African flag, 1969. Made 187 voyages and never missed a sailing, carrying over 250,000 passengers. Scrapped on Taiwan, 1975. Sister Edinburgh Castle.