- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 28,472 tons
- Dimensions: 711 x 93 x 31 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screw, 42,500 shp = 23 knots
- Passengers: 1560 (780 first class, 780 tourist class)
- Crew: 608
- Builder: Vickers-Armstrong Shipbuilders, Limited, Barrow-in-Furness, England, 1948
- Service: Built for Orient Line (British flag). Maiden voyage 14 Dec 1948 to Australia with passage time of 28 days (36 days for pre-war ships) and four round trips per year. London-Panama-San Francisco-Vancouver-Auckland-Sydney-Suez-London cruise 1955. Placed on Australia-Transpacific service-San Francisco-Vancouver route 1958. Transferred to P&O-Orient Lines, 1960; then to P&O Lines, 1966. England-Australia and later, England-around-the-world service. Converted to one-class vessel 1964. Scrapped on Taiwan, 1973.