- Type: Passenger / general cargo
- Displacement: 8,303 tons
- Dimensions: 425 x 63 x 17 ft.
- Machinery: Turbo-electric drive, twin screw 13,000hp = 17 knots
- Passengers: 969
- Crew: 118
- Builder: Vickers-Armstrong Shipbuilders, Limited, Newcastle-on-Tyne, England, 1953
- Service: The third Maori built for Union Steamship Company of New Zealand (British flag). Ordered to replace the Rangatira of 1931. Launched by HRH Princess Margaret 27 Nov 1952. Departed Newcastle for Wellington 11 Oct 1953 via Curacao, Panama, and Tahiti, arriving 15 Nov. Commenced inter-island ferry service from Wellington to Lyttleton on 27 Nov. In Apr 1965 she was withdrawn for conversion to a roll-on, roll-off vessel at Taikoo Dockyard, Hong Kong. Capacity for 100 vehicles added, with a reduction of passenger accomodation by 160. Resumed inter-island service 16 Dec 1966. Withdrawn from service into reserve, 27 Mar 1972, to be replaced by new Rangatira. Resumed service in Sep 1972 when the latter suffered turbine problems. Finally laid up 16 Oct 1972, after 6,023 Cook Strait crosings with 1,239,772 passengers. Sold 1974 and scrapped at Kaohsiung, Taiwan.