- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 11,969 tons
- Dimensions: 536.6 x 64.5 x 27.9 ft.
- Machinery: 2x8-cyl Sulzer diesels, twin screws = 22 knots
- Passengers: 430
- Builder: Ateliers et Chantiers de la Loire, Saint-Nazaire, France 1950
- Service: Lavoisier was built for Chargeurs Réunis, Le Havre. Sailed between France and Latin America. Sold in 1961 to Compagnia Marittima Petroli SpA, Genoa, and refurbished at Palermo in 1962. Renamed Riviera Prima and chartered to Caribbean Cruise Lines, sailing from US East Coast ports -- claimed to be first Italian ship devoted exclusively to cruise service. Sold to Norwegian owners in 1964 and renamed Viking Princess; continued cruising in Caribbean until 8 Apr 1966 when she caught fire off Cuba. Two passengers were lost and the ship was subsequently scrapped at Bilbao.