1985(California Models CA-3)
- Type: Great Lakes bulk freighter
- Displacement: 8,350 dwt
- Dimensions: 410 x 56 x 31 ft.
- Machinery: 6-cylinder Sulzer diesel, 4,100 BHP = 14 knots
- Builder: Hall Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen, Scotland, 1962
- Service: built as Gosforth for Burnett Steamship Co. Ltd. of Newcastle, England. Refit in 1968 increased tonnage to current level. Bought 1972 by The Quebec & Ontario Transportation Co. Ltd. of Montreal, Canada, renamed Thorold, and refitted to carry newsprint. Sold to Transport Desgagnes Inc in 1984, and renamed Catherine Desgagnes in 1985. Typical cargos include pig iron, coal, grain, salt, and aluminum ingots.