1931(Carlo Marquardt CM-227)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 21,936 tons
- Dimensions: 654 x 81 x 32 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turboelectric engines, twin screw = 20 knots
- Passengers: 988 (307 first class, 133 tourist class, 170 third class, 378 steerage)
- Crew: 385
- Builder: Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., Newport News, Virginia, 1931
- Service: Built for Dollar Line (U.S. flag). San Francisco-Far East service. Attacked by Chinese aircraft in the Whampoo River in August 1935. Ran aground on a reef off the southern tip of Taiwan 10 Dec 1937. Passengers were soon rescued, but salvage vessels could not free the Presdident Hoover. After two weeks she was listing twenty degrees and in danger of breaking in half. Dollar Line released the wreckage to Japanese scrappers who dismantled her on the spot.