1940(Carlo Marquardt CM-344)
- Type: General cargo
- Displacement: 7,796 grt / 11,975 dwt
- Dimensions: 492 x 69.5 x 29 ft.
- Machinery: four 7-cyl Busch-Sulzer diesel engines, 8,500 hp, single screw = 16 knots
- Passengers: 12 first class
- Builder: Sun Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Co., Chester, Pennsylvania, 1940
- Service: Type C3 (Motorship) cargo vessel built for US Maritime Commission. Operated by Moore-McCormack Steamship Co on their North America-South America service. Taken over by US Navy for use as submarine tender Pelias (AS-14), commissioning 5 Sep 1941. Present at Pearl Harbor 7 Dec 1941. Served at Melbourne and Fremantle and various points in the southwest Pacific. In reserve from Feb 1946, but not decommissioned until 14 Jun 1970. Three sister ships were Mormacpenn, Mormacland, and Mormacmail.