John C. Ainsworth
- Type: General cargo (EC2-S-C1)
- Displacement: 9,000 tons
- Dimensions: 441 x 56 ft.
- Machinery: Three-cylinder reciprocating steam, single screw 2,500 H.P. = 11 knots
- Crew: 44 + 12 Naval Armed Guard
- Builder: Oregon Shipbuilding Corp, Portland, OR, 1942
- Service: One of 2,751 Liberty ships produced during World War II. Named for one of the early steamer captains on the Columbia River, and later a founder of the Oregon Steam Navigation Co. My father, Ens Leon Otis Wiringa, commanded the Armed Guard aboard her during the first year of service, sailing in the eastern Pacific as far south as Peru and as far north as Dutch Harbor, Alaska.