1924(Hugh O'Connor -- Patriot Models)
- Type: Great Lakes passenger
- Displacement: 6,584 tons
- Dimensions: 518 x 58 x 15.5 ft.
- Machinery: paddle reciprocating (3 cyl. VC), H.P. 12,000 = 18 knots
- Builder: American Shipbuilding Co., Lorain, Ohio
- Launched: 27 Oct 1923
- Acquired: 7 Aug 1942
- Commissioned: 8 May 1943
- Decommissioned: 7 Nov 1945
- Notes: Built for Detroit and Cleveland Navigation Co. Acquired by War Shipping Administration for the Navy and renamed Sable. Converted to training carrier at the Erie Plant of American Shipbuilding Co., Buffalo, New York. Assigned to the 9th Naval District on 1 Jun 1943 and used to qualify pilots for carrier operations. Operated in Lake Michigan, with pilots and planes based at Glenview Naval Air Station. Sold by Maritime Commission in Jul 1948 for scrapping.