Johan Van Oldenbarnevelt
1930 (Noordzee NZ-63)
- Type: Passenger / general cargo
- Displacement: 19,040 tons
- Dimensions: 608 x 74 ft.
- Machinery: Sulzer diesels, twin screws = 17 knots
- Passengers: 770 (364 1st class, 280 2nd class, 64 3rd class, 62 4th class)
- Builder: Netherlands Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Company, Amsterdam, Holland, 1930
- Service: Built for Nederland Line (Dutch flag). Amsterdam-East Indies service. Allied troopship, 1940-45. Indonesian and Australian services, with some North Atlantic crossings, 1946-59. Modernized, 1959; thereafter used in around-the-world service. Sold, 1962, to the Greek Line; renamed Lakonia for cruising only. Burned and sank off Madeira, December 22-29, 1963; 128 lost. Sistership Marnix van Sint Aldegonde.