- Type: Transport
- Displacement: 10,726 tons
- Dimensions: 501 x 64 x 32 ft.
- Machinery: Burmeister & Wain type diesels, twin screws = 17 knots
- Builder: P. Smit, Jr. Shipbuilding, Rotterdam, Netherlands, 1938
- Service: Built for Holland-America Line service between Rotterdam and New York. Served as troopship for U.S. War Shipping Administration, Apr 1942 to 1946. Returned to commercial service 1946. Sold in 1963; chartered to Messagieres Maritimes as the Oceanien. Scrapped at Split, Yugoslavia in 1967.
Sister ship Zaandam torpedoed off Brazil, Nov 1942.