- Type: Passenger / general cargo
- Displacement: 17,024 tons
- Dimensions: 574 x 70 x 28 ft.
- Machinery: Two Sulzer diesels, twin screw, 13,000bhp = 18 knots
- Passengers: 634 (236 first class, 280 secnd class, 70 third class, 48 fourth class)
- Builder: Scheepsbouw Maatschappij "De Schelde", Flushing, The Netherlands, 1931
- Service: Built for the Rotterdamsche Lloyd Line (Dutch flag) Rotterdam-East Indies service. Sailed Rotterdam and Southampton to Lisbon, Tangier, Gibraltar, Marseilles, Port Said, Colombo, Sabang, Belawan, Singapore and Batavia. Taken over for service as an Allied troopship 1941, and converted at Liverpool in March with accomodation for 2,000 troops. Participated in Allied landings at Salerno. Torpedoed and sunk by German submarine U371 off Algeria, 17 Mar 1944, while on passage from Naples to Oran; no lives lost.