- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 18,967 tons
- Dimensions: 632 x 72 x 42 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screws = 17 knots
- Passengers: 604 (219 first class, 191 second class, 194 third class)
- Builder: John Brown & Company, Limited, Clydebank, Scotland, 1922
- Service: Built for Union-Castle Line (British flag). She and her sister Arundel Castle, were the only four-stackers built for a service other than the North Atlantic. Southampton-South Africa service. Rebuilt as shown here with two funnels, 1937. Troopship, 1939-43. Sunk by German bombers in the Mediterranean, 23 Mar 1943; 1 lost.