- Type: Cruising vessel
- Displacement: 13,245 tons
- Dimensions: 535-0 x 64-4 x 28-4 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbine, twin screw = 14 knots
- Passengers: 680 (300 first class, 150 second class)
- Builder: Workman, Clark & Co Ltd, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 1923
- Service: Built for Lamport & Holt Ltd. for the New York - South American trade. Laid up 1929 in Blackwater River. Returned to service 1932 for cruising to the Mediterranean, Atlantic Islands, West Africa, West Indies, Norwegian fjords, and Baltic, with the hull repainted white as shown here. Requisitioned 27 Oct 1939 as Armed Merchant Crusier HMS Voltaire. Lost in action with German Raider KMS Thor on 4 Apr 1941.