1936(Carlo Maquardt CM-214)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 25,550 tons
- Dimensions: 696 x 82 x 41 ft.
- Machinery: Burmeister & Wain diesels, twin screws = 20 knots
- Passengers: 790 (300 first class, 490 cabin class)
- Builder: Harland & Wolff, Limited, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 1936
- Service: Built for Union-Castle Line (British flag), Southampton-South Africa service. Set record for Southampton-Cape Town passage Aug 1936 with time of 13d 9h. Troopship 1940-46. Resumed South African sailings 1947-66. Scrapped in Japan, 1966.