- Type: General cargo
- Displacement: 7,441 tons
- Dimensions: 484-5 x 59-10 x 30-0 ft.
- Machinery: 2 x 4-cyl Doxford diesel engines, 1,112nhp, twin screw = 14 knots
- Passengers: 12 first class
- Builder: Workman, Clark & Co, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 1925
- Service: Port Dunedin was the first motorship for Port Line. In Dec 1937, while outbound down the Thames, she collided in heavy fog with the inbound Australia Star. Scrapped at Genoa in 1962.
Sister ship Port Hobart, while approaching the Caribbean alone, was stopped by German pocket battleship Admiral Scheer 24 Nov 1940 and sunk, after removal of the crew and passengers.