- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 23,371 tons
- Dimensions: 665 x 82 x 34 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screws = 20 knots
- Passengers: 1139 (486 first class, 653 tourist class)
- Crew: 466
- Builder: Vickers-Armstrong Shipbuilders, Limited, Barrow-in-Furness, England, 1935
- Service: Built for the Orient Line (British flag), London-Australia service. Maiden voyage 28 Sep 1935. Requisitioned for use as troopship 1939. In collision with battleship HMS Revenge Sep 1941. Reconditioned by builders 1946-47. Resumed Australian sailings 25 Feb 1947. Placed on transpacific service Sydney-Auckland-Vancouver-San Francisco 1954. Transferred to P&O-Orient Lines 1960. Briefly used as hotel ship in Hamburg Jun 1963; scrapped later that year in Belgium.