- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 19,777 tons
- Dimensions: 659 x 75 x 32 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screws = 20 knots
- Passengers: 1836 (592 first class, 1244 third class)
- Crew: 420
- Builder: Vickers-Armstrong Shipbuilders, Limited, Barrow-in-Furness, England, 1924
- Service: Built for the Orient Line (British flag), London Australia service. Maiden voyage 15 Nov 1924 London-Melbourne-Sydney-Brisbane. Taken over as a transport in World War 2, and sunk on 8 Jun 1940 while returning from Norway (fortunately with no troops aboard) by the German heavy cruiser Admiral Hipper. Orama lost 19 killed but 280 were rescued and taken prisoner.