Duchess of Bedford
1928 (Albatros AL-184)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 20,123 tons
- Dimensions: 601 x 75 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screws = 18 knots
- Passengers: 1,570 (580 cabin class, 480 tourist class, 510 third class)
- Builder: John Brown & Company, Limited, Clydebank, Scotland 1928
- Service: Built for Canadian Pacific Steamships (British flag). Liverpool-Canada
service. Troopship, late 1939-47. During restoration renamed Empress of France.
Resumed transatlantic service to Canada, 1948-60. Scrapped in Wales, 1960-61.