- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 27,155 tons
- Dimensions: 682 x 84 ft.
- Machinery: Doxford diesels, quadruple screw = 19.5 knots
- Passengers: 517 (all first class)
- Builder: Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson, Ltd., Newcastle, England, 1939
- Service: Built for Shaw Savill Line (British flag). England-Australia-New Zealand service via South Africa. Used as a troopship, 1940-46. Resumed passenger service, 1947-62. Became a hotel ship at Seattle, 1962. Sold to Japanese scrappers later in 1962; renamed Dominion Monarch Maru for final voyage to Osaka breakers.