- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 18,980 tons
- Dimensions: 661 x 72 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screw = 17 knots
- Passengers: 1170 (234 first class, 362 second class, 274 third class, 300 steerage)
- Builder: Harland & Wolff, Limited, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 1921
- Service: Built for Union-Castle Line (British flag). She and her sister, the Windsor Castle, were the only four-stackers built for a service other than the North Atlantic -- the Southampton-South Africa service. Rebuilt with two funnels, 1937. Troopship, 1939-48. Resumed South African service 1950-58. Scrapped at Hong Kong, 1959.