- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 19,023 tons
- Dimensions: 630 x 72 x 42 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, twin screw, 15,000 SHP = 17 knots
- Passengers: 1170 (234 first class, 362 second class, 274 third class, 300 steerage)
- Builder: Harland & Wolff, Limited, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 1921
- Service: Built for Union-Castle Line (British flag). She and her sister, Windsor Castle, were the company's largest ships to date and the only four-stackers built for a service other than the North Atlantic; the Southampton-South Africa service. Rebuilt with two funnels, 1937. Troopship, 1939-47; carried emigrants to South Africa 1948. Resumed South African service 1950-58. Scrapped at Hong Kong, 1959.