1921 (Mercator M-499)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 34,569 tons
- Dimensions: 764 x 85 x 31 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, quadruple screws = 21 knots
- Passengers: 1939 (565 first class, 530 tourist class, 844 third class)
- Builder: Chantiers de l'Atlantique (Penhoet), St. Nazaire, France, 1921
- Service: Built for the French Line; construction began in 1913, but was slowed because of the First World War. Launched in 1916, but remained incomplete. Entered
Le Havre-New York service, 1921. Damaged by fire, Aug 1929; repaired and back in service
Jan 1930. Withdrawn from regular service 1937, making only occasional voyages.
Burned and capsized at Le Havre, April 19, 1939. Wreckage scrapped, 1947.