1881(Classic Ship Collection CSC-031VR)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 7,391 tons
- Dimensions: 515 x 52 x 26 ft.
- Machinery: Compound steam engine, single screw, = 17 knots
- Passengers: 980 (480 first class, 500 third class)
- Crew: 252
- Built: J. & G. Thomson Ltd., Glasgow, Scotland
- Launched: 1 March 1881
- Service: First steel-hulled ship built for Cunard Line and the first to be lighted with electricity. Second largest ship in world at time of launching. Maiden voyage Liverpool-New York commenced 26 Nov 1881. Refitted 1893 with passenger accommodation of 400 first, 200 second, and 500 third class. Boer War transport 1899 at 21 shillings/ton/month. Completed 171 round trips across the North Atlantic before final voyage in Sep 1901. Sold for scrap in 1902.