Empress of Ireland
1906 (R. Grouls RG-45)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 14,191 tons
- Dimensions: 570 x 66 ft.
- Machinery: Steam quadruple expansion engines, twin screws = 20 knots
- Passengers: 1580 (310 first class, 500 second class, 500 third class, 270 steerage)
- Builder: Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Company, Limited, Glasgow, Scotand, 1906
- Service: Built for Canadian Pacific Steamships. Liverpool-Quebec service.
While proceeding down St. Lawrence on night of 29 May 1914, in heavy fog, rammed by
Norwegian steamer Storstad. Capsized and sank within 15 minutes off Father Point;