Empress of Asia
1913 (Albatros AL-128)
- Type: Passenger
- Displacement: 16,909 tons
- Dimensions: 592 x 68 ft.
- Machinery: Steam turbines, quadruple screws = 20 knots
- Passengers: 1192 (284 first class, 100 second class, 808 steerage)
- Builder: Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Company Limited, Glasgow, Scotland, 1913
- Service: Built for Canadian Pacific Steamships. Vancouver-Far East service.
Wartime service as an auxiliary cruiser, then a troopship, 1914-19. Resumed Far East
service, 1920-41. Became a troopship, 1941. Bombed and sunk by Japanese aircraft off
Singapore, 5 Feb 1942; 19 dead. Wreckage removed by 1952.